Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Purple Butterfly and Bees

I really like how this card turned out. I used the sketch from the Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. I love those Peachy Keen stamps, I just wish I had some to have used on this card, but the ones I have worked very well for it. I used a nice chocolate brown card, which doesn't look like it in the picture, but it is. I then found this great purple ribbon that I wrapped around the card and then used the rest to tie the knot and adhered it on the card. I cut the rectangle and squares with my paper trimmer. I used a light lavender and a light tan. The I stamped my images on. I adhered the two squares on the card and used pop dots to pop up the butterfly image. I left a sentiment off, that way I can use it for any occasion, but I think I like it as a sympathy card. That way I have one on hand, just in case I might need it. It was nice and simple card that I thinked turned out really sweet.

7 comments:

  1. They go together so well! Good luck on the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Paula that butterfly is amazing. Beautiful
    Bugs(lol),
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Paula...I'm a Butterfly lover...i love anything with butterfies...This card is sooo cute...I love it..Simple yet beautiful...

    Honey B
    http://sweetscrappingwithhoneyb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that butterfly! They say Butterflies are angels so I just love them!
    Great card.

    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Peachy Keen Stamps. Hope to see more of your work in the future challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card really is sweet! Simple and sweet! Good luck with the PK challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PKS!

    Nikki ☺

    ReplyDelete