Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bee Happy

This is my last post for the weekend. My husband and I are heading up the Dalton Highway to Deadhorse, AK...gonna see the Arctic Ocean. For those of you who are fans of "Ice Road Truckers" you will recognize this road. For those of you not familiar with the Dalton Highway, it is an unpaved road between Fairbanks and Deadhorse. Deadhorse is the town that exists pretty much for the people who work at Prudhoe Bay (the oil fields). That means I get to see the Trans-Atlantic Pipeline for most of my trip. It's going to be a long one, but I'm looking forward to it.


This is for the Jitterbuggin' sketch. This week's rules for Jitterbuggin' are to follow the sketch, make it square, put a Cricut "B" somewhere (this can be a bee or a B) and use some scraps. I made mine a 5"x5" card. I used some scraps from my stash for the squares in the background. Those were cut at 2 1/4" square. I cut the cloud at 2 3/4," I got it from Create a Critter. I used Sentimentals for the rest of the cuts. The bee is cut at 2" and "Bee Happy" is cut at 1." I used scraps for all those cuts as well. The base layer of the sentiment is the same color as the base of the card. I then doodled in the flight path of the bee and went over it with some black diamond Stickles. Enjoy and see you on Monday!

4 comments:

  1. What a great combo of colors..and the little stitches are great for the "flight!"


    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'....and have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card...love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty -- love the bee that you chose!!

    ReplyDelete