Sunday, August 08, 2010

Monkey Around

The challenge this week over at Paper Cutz is to create something using an image of a monkey, skunk, squirrel or hedgehog. I decided to go with a monkey and create this cute little birthday card. I used New Arrival for the monkey and added some google eyes on him. I also pop-dotted him onto the card. The vines are from Storybook. The "it's your day" sentiment is from Celebrations. I used my Gypsy to weld the letters of the inside sentiment, "so monkey around" which is the George and Basic Shapes font. The bananas are from Animal Kingdom. They took some work figuring out what size I wanted, but when I got it I cut them out twice, once in the dark yellow and once in the lighter yellow. I then cut the peel to fit the banana. I really like this card, I almost don't want to give it away, but I can't wait to see the face of whoever recieves it. Enjoy!


1 comment: