Friday, August 20, 2010

Third Time's a Charm

I don't know why but I had some real trouble making a card that I liked for this week's Jitterbuggin' challenge. I made three before I actually liked the end result, like they say, "third time's a charm." The rules this week for Jitterbuggin' were: follow the sketch, use a Cricut animal (0r two, or three...), and add stripes. I think it was the stripes rule that had me, I'm not sure why, but I had some problems with finding striped paper or striped anything that I liked with my creation.
This one is the card I actually liked. The cuts are from Pagoda, the panda is cut at 2 1/2," the branch at 1 1/2," and the flower at 1." I used the Plum Blossoms embossing folder for the cream cardstock that the panda is matted on and some ruby slipper Stickles on the flowers. The paper used as the base of the card is from the Far East stack by DCWV and the striped paper is from my stash as is the stamp. I will also be entering this into Paper Playtime's "zoo" challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Three is a charm! Great card and the little panda is sooooo cute!

    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! It turned out perfect. Thanks for participating in the Paper Playtime challenge!

    Pam
    simply-pam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card. The panda is so cute. Great job. Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Panda Bear is adorable. This is really a super and fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a cutie! Thanks for playing in paper with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the Panda and the embossing really sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little panda is so cute and I love that the stripes are subtle -- they don't overpower the card. You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete