Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Big Orange Flower

I like this card, but I'm not entirely pleased with it. I feel like it is missing something, maybe some embossing on the background or the largest part of the flower...just, something. But, it is all put together and I'm not going to redo it because I do like the look of it.

I made this 5 1/2"x4 1/4" card with dark brown cardstock. I then cut a piece of shimmery orange cardstock at 4"x2 1/2" and adhered it on the brown card. I wrapped metallic orange thread from Gutermann around the card a number of times. The flower is from Forever Young and cut at 4." I cut the base layer in a light orange cardstock, the middle layer is cut with the same shimmery orange as the layer on the base and the final layer is cut from the same brown cardstock as the card base. I inked the edges of the flower layers with galaxy gold ink, by Tsukineko, and also did the card base with the same ink. I folded up the petals of the inner layers for some dimension. I used some gold flat-backed pearls for the flower center and then used some golden rod Stickles around the edges of the largest flower. I stamped the sentiment in the same galaxy gold ink. The sentiment is hard to read in the photo, but says, "Thinking of You." It shows up better in person.

This card was made for the following challenges:
Cupcake Inspirations: orange and brown cupcake with a flower on it
Card Patterns: sketch #96

5 comments:

  1. I like it..but if it bothers you bling up the largest part of the flower..
    honestly I think it's pretty.
    Minta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it a lovely card!! Simplicity is always good:) I'm now your newest follower and i can't wait to see your next creation:) I hope you can stop by my blog:) Happy New Year!!!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and big flower! Great card! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns,
    Anthea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors! I like the little touches of gold that you added. Thanks so much for joining us at the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete