Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Candle Card

I think this card turned out simply gorgeous! Of course I am a little biased, but I really do like this one a lot. :) I turned on some Trans-Siberian Orchestra music this morning and was very much inspired by their music when I was making this card. Trans-Siberian Orchestra is my absolute favorite music to listen to at Christmastime.
The card is 5"x7." I cut it out of white cardstock and cut the red patterned paper to the same size, since the paper was too flimsy to make a card by itself. The candle was cut from Joys of the Season at 4 1/2." I inked the edges of the candle with a peach pastel ink by Colorbox. I embossed the silver tray with the Distressed Stripes embossing folder and then inked it with starlite black ink from Tsukineko. I added some yellow Stickles to the flame of the candle and doodled on the holly and berries. I used the wavy music stamp from Stampendous and stamped it in pearlescent beige ink by Tsukineko onto the candle. I cut a piece of glittery white paper at 4 3/4"x4." I then embossed it with the Script Texture embossing folder and then inked it with the same peach pastel ink for a subtle effect. I cut some gold cardstock at 5"x4 1/4," and mounted the embossed white piece on it. I then adhered the candle to the white piece. I adhered all of that to the card base, near the top. I wrapped some gold ribbon around the card and strung a pre-made tag on it. I stamped the tag with the sentiment in pheasant gold ink by Colorbox and also inked the edges with the peach pastel, then I used a pop-dot to keep it adhered to the front of the card. I tied a bow with the same gold ribbon and attached it onto the piece of ribbon already on the card.
I made this card for the following challenges:

14 comments:

  1. Such a lovely holiday card! The gold accents are so pretty! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of interesting detail on your beautiful card - the candle is so effective with the music notes, and fits the challenge theme perfectly. Thank you for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays - hope to see you again very soon. x Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Paula! Love the effect of the music notes and script folder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful candle with the music. Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with you!! It's exquisite! Beautiful card:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Realmente te inspiró la imagen!!
    Es una tarjeta preciosa.
    Gracias por jugar de nuevo con 365 cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty! I love the paper you used for the candle & the flame
    ~Paula a PPC Creator

    ReplyDelete
  8. sooooo pretty! What an amazing candle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is beautiful paula!!!
    Thanks so much for playing along @ Paper Playtime!
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are right, it is gorgeous! I like how things are cut out and layered, very rich looking. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Beautiful card! I love your detailed description, too!! I never thought of embossing glitter paper... will have to try that. I've never seen that wavy music stamp before, but I really like it. TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful. And matches the ad very well. I love it. Thanks for playing along at 365 Cards!

    PS - my family and I saw TSO in Sacramento a few years ago. Their Christmas show was AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card! It is perfect for our theme of "inspiration by song" this week. I love the sounds of TSO too!

    Thank you for playing in our challenge for Sentimental Sundays this week! I hope to see your creativity again very soon!
    ♥ Lisa M.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you did a beautiful job with this card!

    ReplyDelete