Friday, January 14, 2011

Flaunt It Fridays Challenge #7

The challenge this Friday is to use the skull and crossbones on the Mini Monsters cartridge, on page 65 of the handbook, in a non-Halloween project. The first thing I thought of for this cut was to make something pirate related. As I mulled it over more this layout idea came up and I put it all together. It actually turned out pretty much how I envisioned it, which is always nice. This layout is 12"x12." I used Debbie Mumm paper for the background. I cut the map paper in the background from Old West, at 8 1/2." I then inked the edges in gingerbread ink by Tsukineko. I left room for a 4"x6" photo. The blue paper is also Debbie Mumm, cut at 4 1/4"x6 1/4" and the tan paper is cut at 4 1/2"x6 1/2" and I also inked it with the gingerbread ink. The little pirate boy is from B is for Boys and he is cut at 5." The sentiment, "Little Buccaneer," cut at 1 1/2," and "Treasure Map," cut at 1," is from Blackletter. I welded the title on my Gypsy before cutting it out. The palm tree is cut at 2," and the tikis are cut at 3/4," 1" and 1 1/4" and are all from Life is a Beach. The treasure chest is also from Life is a Beach, cut at 2." I cut the gold from Simply Charmed. I used my Gypsy to figure out what size would work for the treasure chest. I cut them out twice and put them in the chest. The skull and crossbones is from Mini Monsters and cut at 1 1/2." I finished off the layout with doodling on the map (for the trail) the tikis, the chest and the title. I added some yellow Stickles to the gold to make it shine.I hope you enjoyed my little layout and I can't wait to see what you come up with for this week's challenge! Come on over to Flaunt It Fridays to play along!

5 comments: