Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Friend

Crafty Creations is having a blog hop to celebrate their 100th Challenge. Their 100th Challenge is to follow the sketch, use their color combo (plum, blue, beige and cherry red is optional) and to use a recycled element on the project. I also made this for Sentimental Sunday's "Celebrate Friendship" challenge. I also thought this would look cute for Emma's My Creative Time Imagination Monday challenge, which is "Chinese New Year," since it is the Year of the Rabbit.
The card is 5"x7" and I used white cardstock. I cut some purple cardstock 1/8" smaller and then embossed it with the Plum Blossoms folder. I used a digi stamp from Sliekje's Digi Stamps. I colored it with my Prismacolor pencils. I cut the cardstock to fit, then I cut some purple cardstock 1/4" larger and some blue cardstock 1/8" larger than the purple cardstock. I used some red ribbon that I saved from a Christmas gift and wrapped it around the card. I cut some blue cardstock at 7"x1 1/2" and a beige strip at 7"x1 1/8." I stamped the strip with a Chinese lantern stamp from Inkadinkado, using pearlescent beige ink from Tsukineko. I then layered those strips onto the ribbon. I cut a circle at 3 1/2" and trimmed off the bottom part. I then stamped it with the sentiment, "friend," in pearlescent beige ink. The rabbit was cut from Winter Woodland, at 2" using the blackout feature. I used foam adhesive to mount the digi image onto the card. For the inside I cut some blue cardstock 1/8" smaller than the card base. I also cut a piece of beige cardstock at 6 5/8"x4 5/8." I then stamped across the top with the same Chinese lantern stamp and ink that I used on the front. Enjoy!!

10 comments:

  1. WOW, this is GREAT!!! CUTE card my friend!! thanks for joining us!
    Big Gypsy hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see your work at the 100th Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations for our 100th challenge. :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely, great images xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love that image from Sliekje I have quite a few of them myself. Thanks for joining us this time at Sentimental Sundays.
    Love Susan
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! Angelique shares such fun little characters, so nice to see one on your card! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sentimental Sundays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card, and I love that you've decorated the outside as well as inside!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays this week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for playing along in our special blog hop 100th Challenge at Crafty Creations - great to see your fab project. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete