Friday, January 21, 2011

Get Your Bark On!

This is my last card for the day. I think it will work quite well as a masculine birthday card. This is a 4 1/2"x6 1/4" card. I used cream cardstock for the base of the card, then cut some patterned brown paper 1/8" smaller and mounted that on the card base. I then used some patterned orange cardstock for the next layer, cut at 4"x5 3/4." I tied a bow with some brown ribbon around the orange cardstock and then mounted that to the card. I cut a brown square at 3 1/2," an orange square at 3 3/8," then a cream square at 3 1/4." I embossed the cream cardstock with the Argyle folder. The dog is cut from Four Legged Friends at 2 3/4." All the cardstock is from TPC Studios, except the cream cardstock and the patterned brown paper. I stamped the sentiment, from Scrappy Mom's Stamps, on some orange cardstock. I used jumbo java ink from Tsukineko. The eyes of the dog are gems and I also added some gems in the four corners of the square.
I made this for the Jitterbuggin' challenge. The challenge this week is to make something using brown and one other color and to add a bow somewhere on your creation. I am also entering this into the Paper Cutz challenge. Their challenge is to make a project using any theme and any colors you like.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness..I love that dog. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute,cute,cute. I had that cartridge in my hand at Walmart the other day, but put it back so I wouldn't spend the money. Love the dog. Makes me want to go back for that cartridge. Thanks for playing along at Paper Cutz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so darn cute! I love that dog, the colors you used... just everything! Almost makes me want a dog again!
    tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute puppy.....I like the brown with orange~

    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!

    ReplyDelete