Monday, January 10, 2011

Warm Wishes

This is a small card. It is about 4"x2 7/8." I used my large scalloped oval Nestabilities to cut the card, and the shimmery white layer. I then embossed the white layer with the snowflakes Cuttlebug folder. The penguin is a Cottage Cutz from Peachy Keen, as are the hat, scarf and mittens. I flocked the trim and the white pom on the hat. I used some markers to doodle a little on the scarf, hat and mittens. I then added three pale purple pearls to the lower left hand side of the card. I used Simply Charmed to cut the sentiment.


I made this card using the sketch from 365 Cards "Super Sketchy Sunday." I also made it for My Sheri Crafts, where the theme is winter; and for Fantabulous Cricut, their theme is winter warmies (create some type of winter clothing or accessory on your project). I also made this for Scrapbookaholic by Abby, where she is challenging you to make something in the theme of laughter or smile. I don't know about you, but this little penguin looks like she is smiling big....and she makes me smile when I look at her! Enjoy!!

26 comments:

  1. She is just adorable! Love your card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I love the penguin. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so adorable!
    http://craftyjar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Cute. Great job! Thanks for joining us at the FCCB for the Winter Warmies challenge.

    Angela
    Simple Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I just love her sweet little expression!
    Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwwe. I just love this!! Your lit' penguin is so cute!!!! And the embossing looks great!
    Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week! Good luck in the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! Your penguin card is so adorable! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cutie. I LOVE the shape card and the color.

    TFS & for playing along at FCCB this week.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG such a cute penguin!!!!!!!! Thanks for entering my challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just ADORABLE! I love those PK stamps! Great job! Thanks for joining us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this little guy! I love the flocking...I can't wait to try that! Thanks for sharing!

    Lisa
    prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it!!!!! That card is so adorable. Thanks for joining us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  13. please email me your so I can get to you the free KichNBleus image! scrapbookaholicbyabby@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww sooo cute!! I love this little penguin and he looks great on your card :) Thanks for playing with us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  15. Que divertida!
    Me gusta mucho tu tarjeta, buen trabajo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is too CUTE!!!! fantastic for the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantabulous purple penguin....and some great embossing!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my gosh your card is sooo fun, it just makes me smile!!! super cute

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is adorable!! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is adorable, I love it !!!!
    scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is soo super cute!
    Love that little penguin.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cutie. I love the colors. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete