Thursday, January 13, 2011

Winter Wonderland

This is my entry for the weekly challenge on Cricut Circle Blog. Their challenge is "Feeling Frosty." They asked you to incorporate white paint, metal and a snowflake cut on your project; you also need to use at least two Cricut cuts on it as well.

I decided to make a wall plaque for winter. I took a wooden plaque and painted it white. I then cut various snowflakes, ranging in size from 1 1/4" to 2 1/4." I cut them from: A Child's Year, Accent Essentials, Christmas, Designer's Calendar and Graphically Speaking. I adhered the snowflakes down to the plaque, then painted over it again with white paint. I painted the edge of the plaque with a silver glitter paint from Folk Art. I used Winter Woodland for the tree branch, which I cut at 4 1/4. I used a snow writer for the snow on the pinecone. The bird is from Home Decor. I used a dark blue for the regular bird and some craft metal for the blackout version of the bird. I also used Winter Woodland for the sentiment. I used a satin Mod Podge to cover the whole plaque. I attached a ribbon to the back and tied it in a bow so that I could hang the plaque. I finished it off with a small metal jingle bell charm tied in the middle of the bow.

1 comment: