Saturday, April 23, 2011

Card Creations & More Challenge #8

It is time for another So Saturday Challenge at Card Creations & More by C. This week is challenge #8 and the challenge is to create anything but a card or layout. I have to admit that this was a little trickier because I make mostly cards and some layouts thrown in. However, I did have fun creating this cute little birthday centerpiece.

I used a rectangular glass vase and covered it with some red cardstock that I embossed with the Polka Dots embossing folder. I then put a piece of floral styrofoam inside so that the sticks would say put. I coverd it with some crinkled paper. All the cuts are from Birthday Bash. The bunny is cut at 8." I embossed his ears with the D'vine Swirls folder and the bow on his present with the Polka Dots folder. I added black pearls for his eyes and glossy accents on his nose. The cake was cut at 6." The dog was cut at 4 3/4." I flocked the dark blue parts on him and added black gems for his eyes. The presents were cut at 4 3/4" as well. I cut everything twice so that it looks the same from both sides of the centerpiece. I adhered everything around lollipop sticks and stuck them into the floral foam at varying heights. All the patterned cardstock is from the Dots, Plaids & Stripes Stack by DCWV and all the plain cardstock is from my stash.



Here is my project for the challenge...I hope it provides some inspiration. If you need more, then head over to Card Creations & More by C and check out the rest of the design team. I hope you then decide to participate and come up with your own creation, as long as it is something other than a card or layout. I can't wait to see what you create! :)

1 comment:

  1. Your center piece is super cute. I hope everyone enjoys it.

    ReplyDelete