Friday, April 15, 2011

Flaunt It Fridays Challenge #19

It is Friday and that means that it is time for another challenge at Flaunt It Fridays! This week the challenge is to use Simply Charmed and flaunt the fish 2 cut. As soon as I saw that this was the cut to flaunt I knew I wanted to make a layout from a halibut fishing trip I took with my husband and a couple of our friends.
This is a double layout, each page is 12"x12." I used a patterned cardstock from DCWV, the Textures & Finishes Stack. The pictures are 4"x6" and matted using a Debbie Mumm patterned cardstock, cut at 4 1/2"x6 1/2." The title is cut from All Mixed Up, using the shadow feature, and cut at 1 1/4." The fishing rod and fish on the left page is cut at 4." The fish on the right hand page are cut at 4" for the smaller two and 5" for the larger one. I used my Gypsy to only cut out the fish and hide contour on the fishing pole part of the cut. I cut a large brown rectangle at 4"x8" and a cream one at 3 1/2"x7 1/2." This is where I will do my journaling, when I figure out exactly what I am going to say. :)
That is my project...now it is your turn! Head on over to Flaunt It Fridays and check out what the rest of the design team has come up with for this cute little fish and get inspired. Then create your own project and link it up. I can't wait to see how you flaunt it!! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love your layout. My son and husband go to Alaska every other year to fish for halibut. I always make cards for these challenges. But you have inspired me to do a 12X12 I'll frame it for a fathers day gift. I am a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is AWESOME, Paula! I love the cute title. I really like the baby girl layout above this one too. You have really been spending some productive time in the craft room, haven't you? I'm liking all of your projects!

    Hugs,
    Anniebee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! Looks like you have a lot of fun fishing! :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete