Saturday, June 04, 2011

Bus Tour

The challenge at Whimsical Wednesday this week is to create a summer layout and include some stamping on it. Well, since I am still working on the scrapbook for my summer trip to Sweden I thought I would create a layout for the scrapbook that also fit this challenge. This is a layout of the bus tour we took. My stamping on the page is the faces of each passenger on the bus and the date. The page is 12"x12." I used a piece of patterned cardstock from DCWV, the Doodlin' Around Stack. The pictures are both 4"x6" and matted with shimmery dark green cardstock, cut 1/8" larger. The bus was cut from Summer Vacation at 2." I then cut six 1/2" circles from George and Basic Shapes. I gave them each a different Peachy Keen face. The title, "Bus Tour," is cut from Jubilee at 1 1/2." The sun is from Doodlecharms and cut at 3." I also cut a brown sun using the shadow feature. I used the sun for my journalling and used some Inkadinkado stamps for the date. They are stamped in jumbo java ink by Tsukineko.

11 comments:

  1. Great job with this challenge!I love the little bus,thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesday!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the challenge! I love the bus with all the little faces, so cute! Thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. How creative to use your stamps for people in the bus. The scalloped borders are really pretty too. Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice layout! I love the bus filled with PK faces! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an awesome trip to take!!! I love your beautiful layout, especially that bus!! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimiscal Wednesdays! Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great layout! I love the bus with the peachy keen stamps in all the windows. This layout is so cheerful, fun & definitely beams with sunshine.
    Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday.
    Crafty best wishes,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paula,
    What a great layout! I loave hwo you journaled in the sun and marcked the date on the page. Best of all the vacation spot... beautiful country! I hope you enjoyed! Thank You for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with the Challenge! I love the face stamping and the journaling in the sun! Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over at Whimsical Wednesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow!! That sun cut from Doodlecharms has to be one of my all time fav's.. Love your take on our challenge over at Whimsical Wednesdays..
    thnx for playing along
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so late w/ commenting on this challenge from WW however I was on vacation...so glad you joined the challenge and love the paper you used...one of my favorite stacks!

    Have a good one! Leah

    ReplyDelete