Thursday, September 01, 2011

Cupcake Birthday Card Set

This is a little birthday card gift set that I put together this morning. I made 5 cards for it, all of them are 3 1/2"x3 1/2." I made two of them with the striped cardstock and three of them with the polka-dotted cardstock. All the patterned cardstock came from The Celebration Stack by DCWV. I wrapped each card with some ribbon, turquoise for the polka-dotted cards and orange for the striped cards. I used George and Basic Shapes to cut out the circles. The large circles are 3" and the small ones are 1 1/2." I then stamped my cupcake image onto the large circle and the sentiment onto the small circle. I adhered everything down, using pop-dots on the small circles. I added some orange and turquoise Stickles around the edges of the circles. I also used Stickles for the sprinkles on the cupcakes. I used turquoise, yellow, orange and thistle colors. I stamped the image on red paper and cut out the cherry to paper-piece it onto my image. I then added some glossy accents to the cherry. Simple, but fun! Enjoy!!


I made these for the following challenges:


5 comments:

  1. What a great Birthday gift card set! I like the design of your cards! CUTE! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great cupcake cards! I love all of the sparkle! Thanks for sharing this week at Birthday Sundaes :)Amy
    amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Paula - we haven't see you over at Papercraft Star for awhile, and we miss you !!! Drop in, our challenge this week is steampunk, or just metal if steampunk sounds kinda scary ! Don't be a stranger, ok ? --Jan--

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABulous, Paula! Love how the image is cropped! Great take on the White Space challenge at 365 Cards and I hope you come back and play with us often!
    Aloha, Kim Mc
    365 Cards DT

    ReplyDelete