Saturday, January 07, 2012

Owl

Today is the final of the "Pretty Pairs" challenges at 365 Cards. Today is "Day 313" and the challenge is paisley & yellow. My card for this challenge is 4 1/2"x6 1/4." I used yellow cardstock for the card base. I trimmed some shimmery purple cardstock to 4 1/4"x6" and then some paisley cardstock 1/8" smaller than that. The paisley cardstock is from the Rustic Stack by DCWV. I cut a strip of the shimmery purple cardstock at 4 1/8"x2" and used a Martha Stewart border punch on the bottom edge of it. I wrapped it with some yellow ribbon and adhered it to the card. The stylized owl is from Cindy Loo. It is cut at 2 1/2." I used some yellow Stickles on its eyes, beak and feathers. I used pop-dots to adhere it to the card. The tag is a pre-made one I found in my stash. The sentiment is a clear stamp by My Pink Stamper. I adhered the tag down with pop-dots on the left hand side and regular adhesive on the right hand side, so it angles down. The flowers are two Prima flowers that I sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. I used a shimmery purple brad to attach them together and put it on the middle of the ribbon.

4 comments:

  1. Your owl is very pretty, love the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. The color combination looks nice together.

    Hope you will stop by soon.
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's really pretty, Paula. The color combinations look great along with the paisley paper. Terrific job!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love that owl!! Thank you for sharing your card with us over at 365 Cards!!

    ReplyDelete