Monday, August 27, 2012

Christmas Hedgies

I think I may get a good portion of my Christmas cards done early this year if I keep doing about one a week! Thank goodness for the Christmas Card Challenge blog...great incentive! This week's challenge is to use the sketch to create a Christmas card and here is my interpretation:
I used a premade 5 1/2"x4 1/4" card from DCWV for my card base. I cut some red cardstock at 3 5/8"x1 5/8" and then covered it in red glitter. The striped paper is cut at 3 1/2"x1 1/2." I used a Penny Black stamp for my image and colored it in with Prismacolor colored pencils. I trimmed it down and matted it with some red cardstock, again covered in glitter, that is 1/8" larger than the image. I added some red, green, and yellow glitter to the lights on the image. I then used a Fiskars stamp to stamp the sentiment. I finished it off with two red buttons tied with red/white twine from Martha Stewart. Too cute!! :)
I made this for the following challenges:

6 comments:

  1. I love the hedges against the striped paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas? I'm always so amazed by organized folks... Love the stripes, many thanks for joining us at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and oh, so glittery! Woohoo to you for getting your xmas cards ready early (well, hopefully!)

    I welcome you to join me at Tuesday Alchemy http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com/ for our newest challenge - I would enjoy seeing what you come up with!

    Lots of joy,
    Corrinne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to use the sketch. Love the little hedgies too. Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete