Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fun in the Sun

I am on a roll with these layouts! I am so excited...I should be done with the album this weekend! This layout is just a simple, but fun and whimsical one. My friends did a lot of snorkeling while were on San Pedro so they thought that some pictures in snorkeling gear would be fun to do at their wedding. So I really wanted to make this layout represent that fun they had.
The polka dotted paper I used in the background is from My Minds Eye, the Lime Twist collection. The two largest photos are 4"x6" and matted once with coral cardstock. The two vertical photos are 3 1/2"x5" and the horizontal photos are 3"x6." I used a Spellbinders Nestabilities die for the label, which is where I will do the journaling. I added some turquoise gems to it. The sun is from Ole and cut at 4 1/4." I added some tropical tangerine Stickles to the coral part of the sun. The sentiment that I used for the title is from Summer Celebrations. I covered "fun" and "sun" in glossy accents and "in the" with turquoise Stickles. The snorkelers are from Life is a Beach. I flipped one of them. Since the snorkeler on Life is a Beach is male, I had to get creative, I hand cut the bikini top to make one of them female. I also welded two pieces of hair together to make her hair longer. I added glossy accents to their flippers and masks and turquoise Stickles to the bubbles. The shell is from the Cricut Craft Room exclusive cartridge, Sea Shells. Pretty simple, but I like how fun it feels.
I am entering this in the challenge at Exploring Cricut, which is to use a person on your creation.

3 comments:

  1. Great layout Paula! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute LO. Really neat pics too! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout pages!!! Love those photos, too! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete