Monday, October 15, 2012

Boo to You!

I have a really simple Halloween card, but I think it is really cute too!
The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and folds at the top.  I used white cardstock for the card base, then cut some black cardstock at 5 3/8"x4 1/8."  Using my Cuttlebug and the Seeing Spots embossing folder I embossed the black cardstock.  I cut some green polka dotted cardstock at 4 1/2"x3 1/4."  I then inked the edges of the polka dotted cardstock with some black ink.  My cute little ghost guy was cut from Paper Doll Dress Up at 4."  I adhered him to the card with pop-dots.  I used glossy accents on his shoes and ran some star dust Stickles around the edge of the ghost.  I also gave him some googly eyes because I think they just make thing so much more cute.  I used a stamp from Scrappy Moms for my sentiment.  I stamped it on white cardstock and trimmed it to fit.  I cut some more green polka dotted cardstock 1/4" larger and adhered it to my ghost, to make it look like he was holding it.  I then finished off the front of the card with black pearls. 
I also finished the inside of the card.  I cut some black cardstock at 5 3/8"x4 1/8" and the green polka dotted cardstock at 5 1/4"x4."  The white cardstock is cut at 3 1/2"x4 3/4."  I used stamps from My Craft Spot for the interior sentiments and the ghosts.
 
I made this card for the following challenges:
 
365 Cards: "Day 229" - Favorite Things: favorite color (green), favorite craft tool (Cricut or Cuttlebug), favorite patterned paper (polka dots)
My Sheri Crafts: Halloween
My Craft Spot: embossing
Paper Playtime: "Welcome to Boo-ville"

8 comments:

  1. So cute, I love the sparkle on the ghost! I also love the stamps you used!! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! The bit of glitter is a lovely touch!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love your ghost. Great job on this project! Thank you for joining us at Paper Playtime!!

    Blessings,
    Shawnee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little ghost! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right! It's super cute! Love those googly eyes and the sparkly edges! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun and cute card. Thanks for playing along at 365 cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply adorable!! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Playtime!!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete