Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Perfect Sentiments: "Piece it Together"

Time for another challenge at The Perfect Sentiment!
The challenge this week is "Piece it Together"
The challenge: create a card with a sentiment for an occasion of your choice
The twist: use your stash of scraps & pieces to create the background of your card
Here is the card I created for the challenge:
My card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used white cardstock for the base of the card.  I then dug through my stash and picked out 6 pieces of Christmas prints.  I then cut them into strips and pieced them together in a chevron pattern.  I cut that whole piece to the size of 5 1/4"x4."  I used A Quilted Christmas to cut my Santa.  He is cut at 4."  I added some champange Stickles to his belt buckle and adhered him to my card.  My sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps and I hand cut the banner, adhering it to the card behind Santa.  Not really difficult, but I love the look of my pieced background.
I finished the inside of the card as well.  I trimmed some dark green cardstock to 5 1/4"x4" and then some dark red cardstock at 5"x3 3/4."  I stamped my sentiments on some white cardstock, which is cut at 4 3/4"x3 1/2."  The "ho ho ho" sentiment is from My Pink Stamper and the "merry christmas" is from Fiskars.
Now it is your turn to use of some of those scraps and pieces you have in your stash.  Be sure to stop on by The Perfect Sentiment to see what my fellow designers has come up with and then link up your card.  I can't wait to see what you create!

4 comments:

  1. Fab Santa...love the background!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image of Santa and wonderful scrap-work with the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santa sure does look like a jolly old elf! Fabulous card design and love your papers.

    ReplyDelete