Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Purple Birthday Card

My cousin's birthday is coming up in a little over a week, so I decided to make her a birthday card and this is what I came up with:
I used Birthday Bash for the shaped card base.  I cut it at 5 1/4."  I then cut the layer, which is the white star.  I covered the star with some white glitter and adhered it to the card base.  I then cut two more stars.  One out of purple cardstock at 4 3/4" and another one out of white cardstock at 4 1/4."  I adhered the white star to the purple one, then adhered the purple one to the card with pop-dots.  The present is from Cricut American Alphabet, cut at 2 1/2."  I covered the white tag in glitter and added three purple pearls to the package.  The polka dotted cardstock is from the Nana's Nursery Baby Boy Stack by DCWV.  I used a Peachy Keen stamp for the "happy birthday" sentiment.  I stamped it on a strip of white cardstock and hand cut it into a banner.  I then adhered one end of it under the purple star.  I finished off the card with a little doodling around the edges, using a white gel pen.

I made this for the following challenges:

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic card. I really love the colors

    Thanks for joining the Peachy keen stamps Challenge

    hugs

    Cristina

    PKS Design team
    http://www.craftingwithcristina.com
    http://www.peachykeenstamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool!
    Great gift cut and great shaped project!
    Really a great touch with the glitter as well!

    Hope you are having a wonderful week!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! LOVE the sparkly paper!!! So glad you joined us this week at Peachy Keen!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the abstract card shape on this. Wonderul design and the colors really pop. TFS!!! Thanks for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card Paula....love the design shape!! thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete