Saturday, June 01, 2013

Animal Antics Creation #4

For my fourth creation with "Animal Antics" I decided to use the font.  This is what I came up with:


I welded the shift shadows of H and B together in Cricut Craft Room.  I then copied and flipped the two welded letters and welded those pieces together to create my card base.  The purple layer is the regular shadow of the font.  I used some striped paper from the Midnight Chic stack by DCWV for the regular font of the H and B.  I adhered those to the card base with foam tape for some added dimension.  I used a white gel pen by Sakura to do some doodling around the edges of the purple shadow font.
 

I covered the cut-out portions of the font with grape Stickles.  I then cut two strips of white cardstock and stamped my sentiments on them and trimmed the ends into a banner.  The sentiment is a stamp from the Peachy Keen stamp of the month kits, this one is from December 2012 kit.  I inked the edges of the strips of cardstock with gray whale ink by ColorBox.  They are adhered to the card with glue dots at each end and a pop-dot in the middle of each banner for more dimension.  I finished off the card with some silver square gems on each banner.
 
I think this is a more elegant take on a cartridge that seems to be quite cute and whimsical.  I hope this inspires you to take a new look at some of your cartridges.  Just how many different types of projects can you make with just one catridge?

2 comments: