Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Groovy Times - Creation #1

I've pretty much covered the "Mickey and Friends" and "Mickey Font" cartridges in making all the party supplies.  I am not quite finished with everything, but I am done with everything that requires the Cricut (or so I hope).  I will post pictures of everything once it is all complete.
 
Anyway, now that I have finished showcasing the Mickey cartridges, I had to pick a new cartridge to explore.  I couldn't decide so I had my husband help me out.  He suggested a cartridge that started with the letter "g."  I counted how many of them I had and then he picked a number and that is how I wound up "deciding" to showcase "Groovy Times."
 
Here is my first project:
 
I used the smiley face to create a shaped card with the help of Cricut Craft Room.  I welded two of the smiley face shadows together (page 43), after flipping one of them.  They are 4 1/2" tall.  The yellow layer of the smiley face is adhered with foam tape.
The sentiment is the phrase feature that goes with the yin-yang (page 45).  It is 1" tall.  I covered the phrase with turquoise Stickles and added some gems to give it a little bling.
 
I think it could work for multiple occasions, it all depends on the sentiment I add to the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment