Friday, September 06, 2013

Campin' Critters - Creation #5

For today's card using "Campin' Critters" I decided to make a z-fold, also called s-fold, card.
 
The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" when folded.  I started with a 5 1/2"x8 1/2" piece of white cardstock.  I scored it at 2 1/8" and 4 1/4."  I then folded it to create my z-fold (or s-fold) card.  I cut three pieces of brown cardstock and three pieces of the pale teal wood grain cardstock for my mats.  The brown pieces were cut at: 5 3/8"x4 1/8" and 2"x4 1/8" (I cut two of that size).  The wood grain pieces were cut at 5 1/4"x4" and two pieces at 1 7/8"x4."
 
 
I used "Campin' Critters" for all the elements, and they can all be found on page 47.  The sign, which is actually the sign feature (and its layers) was cut at 2 3/4."  The frog and smallest butterfly were cut at 2 1/2" from the basic feature.  The two larger butterflies in the corners were cut using the badge feature, its layers at least.  The one in the upper corner is cut at 2" and the larger one was cut at 2 1/2."  All the butterflies were adhered with foam tape.  The frog was covered in glossy accents and his eyes are brown gems.
 
For the inside I cut another sign at 2 1/2" from brown cardstock, then again at 2 1/4" from white cardstock.  The sentiment was stamped in rich cocoa ink by Tsukineko.  The stamp is from Scrappy Moms Stamps, the "Little Critters" set.
 
I made this card for the following challenges:
Color Throwdown: chocolate chip, sage shadow, white, kiwi kiss, old olive
Scrappy Moms Stamps: gone buggy
{PIN}spirational Challenges: photo inspiration (frog)


8 comments:

  1. Very cute, I love those little butterflies! Nice colours too!Thank you for joining us at {Pin}spirational this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute design...love the fancy fold, your fun sentiment and that cute little frog!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute card!! I'm sure someone will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your frog is perfet - great card! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way too cute! Love the frog and butterflies! Thanks for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh, cute!!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}spirational challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toad is adorable!! Fun card!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute!! I love your toad! Thanks for joining us at Scrappy moms Stamps! ~Hugs, Saundra

    ReplyDelete