Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Mini Monsters - Creation #1

Since it is time to move on to a new Cricut cartridge to explore, I thought I would go with one for Halloween.  I chose to play with the "Mini Monsters" cartridge.  Here is my first project:



My card is 4 1/2"x6 1/4."  I used some shimmery black card stock for the card base.  I then cut some green glittery swirl patterned card stock, from K&Company, at 4 1/4"x6" for my mat.  I  adhered a variety of googly eyes across the card.  My little monster is from "Mini Monsters," page 38, and is cut at 2 1/2."  I used some face stamps from Peachy Keen for his eyes and mouth.  They are from the Make a Monster Face Assortment.  I also used a Peachy Keen stamp for the "eek" sentiment.  It is from the September 2012 Stamp of the Month kit.  I adhered the monster with two layers of pop-dots to lift it above the eyes, I also covered his spots in glossy accents.



I cut some more green swirly card stock at 6 1/8"x4 3/8" for a mat on the inside.  I then cut some shimmery black card stock at 5 1/8"x3 3/8" and some light purple card stock at 5"x3 1/2."  The sentiment is again from the September 2012 Stamp of the Month kit and the face is also from the Make a Monster Face Assortment.  I covered the eyes with glossy accents.

I made this following the current sketch challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps.

4 comments:

  1. Love it and you will inspire me to explore this cart as well because I own it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Love those eyes! Thanks for sharing at Peachy Keen Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER fun card, GREAT idea!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!! :)

    ReplyDelete