Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Mini Monsters - Creation #5

The thing I like about the "Mini Monsters" cartridge is that it can be quite versatile.  There are so many cute monsters on here - some are just generic monsters that you can use for anything, others are more Halloween specific, and then there are things like pumpkins for a more fall creation.  Anyways, this time I used a Halloween monster - the mummy for my card.



The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used white card stock for the base, then trimmed a piece of orange hounds tooth card stock at 5 3/8"x4 1/8" for the matting.  The black polka dotted card stock is cut at 4 3/8"x3 1/8."  Both of the patterned card stocks came from the Bewitched Stack by DCWV.  I used some textured card stock from The Green Stack by DCWV and cut it into strips.  I inked the edges of the strips with some tea dye Distress Ink by Tim Holtz.  I adhered them to the bottom of my black piece of card stock to look like mummy wrappings.


My mummy is from "Mini Monsters."  It is on page 35 of the handbook and is cut at 1 3/4."  I used the same textured card stock for the wrappings and again inked them with tea dye Distress Ink.  I drew in the smile with a brown pen and used googly eyes to make it a little more cute.  The sentiment is from My Craft Spot's "Ghostly Greetings" stamp set.  I stamped it on one more piece of the textured and inked card stock.  I trimmed the end of it into a banner and adhered it behind my mummy.

I made this following the sketch at 365 Cards - "Day 265."

3 comments:

  1. This is so CUTE! Made me smile.
    Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEK!!! super duper cute girl :) So glad you joined us on 365 Cards for our Sunday sketch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh your mummy rocks!!! LOVE IT!!!!! sooo glad you played along with 365 Cards!!!

    ReplyDelete