Thursday, January 23, 2014

Get Well Chevron Card


The card is 6 1/4"x4 1/2."  I used kraft card stock for the card base.  I then cut my mats: grey- 5"x3 1/2," red- 4 7/8"x3 3/8," and yellow- 4 3/4"x3 1/4."  I embossed the yellow mat with one of the Cuttlebug embossing folders from James' Set.  The chevrons were cut from the "Boho Graphics Iron-On" cartridge.  I sized them at 3," but turned them sideways to put them on my card.  I used Cricut Craft Room to hide the contours on the open pieces, then cut them again in red.  I cut a piece of kraft card stock at 5/8"x3" and trimmed it into a banner shape.  I used a stamp from Paper Smooches for my sentiment.  I then drew it over it again with a grey gel pen.




I made this for the following challenges:

BBTB2: get well card
Color Throwdown: basic grey, riding hood red, crumb cake, daffodil delight
Scrappy Moms Stamps: use red and yellow
My Craft Spot: sketch

17 comments:

  1. Very cool looking get well card Paula! Loving those chevrons and love the color combo you used. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun card, Paula! LOVE that embossing folder and your sketch is great! Thanks so much for joining us for the Get Well Challenge over at BBTB2 this week!!!

    Emily - Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! I love the arrows. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool design for a get well card !! Thank you so much for sharing with us at BBTB2 ! Hope you join us again !!

    Mayra DTM
    mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute-love all the arrows and the embossing looks great-love the texture!
    Thanks for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the embossing arrows along with the die cut arrows. Great card. Thanks for submitting to BBTB2

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Paula. Love the colors, the arrows and the great embossing. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Get Well' card challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how your embossing matches your image. You made such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great design! Love those chevrons! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the look of this card, and the embossing is so awesome! Thanks for joining us at My Craft spot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the chevrons and matching embossing-awesome touch! Thanks for joining our BBTB2 challenge!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome design...the chevrons look great!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the chevrons and embossing!! PS sentiment....love the font! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fun! LOVE the color combo, the embossing, and the chevrons! Great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great contemporary design using the chevrons in these fun colors! So happy to see your card in the throwdown gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun! I love the bright, happy colors of your card - so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with our Sketch Challenge at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing card! The arrows and embossing look fabulous! I love the colors! Thanks for joining in the fun with the sketch challenge at My Craft Spot. :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete