Monday, February 03, 2014

Party Card

At JoAnn Fabrics, where I work, we are supposed to have displays of "live" samples.  These are things we have made in-store (or at home, in my case) to feature our fabric and craft items.  Each month the company sends us items that they require us to make, the rest are left up to each store.  This card is one of those required items.  The company sent us a picture and instructions on how to make the card.  However, we don't have any of the machines or dies that were used to make this card.  Hence why I made it at home, I have a Cricut, Cuttlebug, & a Silhouette.

Here is the example of the card they wanted us to make:
Of course the print-out that I got to reference was in black and white and the instructions they sent were really not great.  There were no sizes referenced for anything or what specific papers they used, so I just made something similar, using paper scraps that I happened to have on hand.

Here is my version:




For my version of the card I made it 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used a bright pink card stock for the card base, then cut some white card stock at 5 1/4"x4" and some striped card stock at 5 1/8"x3 7/8."  The white layer is 3 3/4"x3 1/2" and is embossed with a Darice embossing folder called "Damask Background."  I then used a sponge to rub some tea dye Distress Ink over the embossing.  I used "Elegant Edges" to cut the argyle layer.  The image is the oblong (shift) image on page 39.  It was cut at 3 1/2."  I cut a strip of bright pink card stock at 1 1/2"x4" and a yellow polka dot card stock at 1 3/8"x4."  I used some alphabet stamps and rosebud ink by Tsukineko to stamp the word "party."  My rosette is actually two 6"x1" strips of the yellow polka dot card stock that I scored every 1/4."  I then adhered the two pieces together and assembled the rosette.  I covered the center with an orange button tied with pink twine.  The music clef was with the Silhouette.  The music staff is from Lori Whitlock (#4766), the treble clef and first note are from Echo Park (#26897), and the other four notes are also from Lori Whitlock (#4677).    


2 comments:

  1. Looks great! You work at Joann Fabrics?!?! What a fab job to have! It's my favorite store.

    ReplyDelete