Monday, March 10, 2014

Leprechaun Hat

I had a rare Monday off today, although that was simply because I was working last night until midnight.  So, I decided to be a little craft today, when I eventually got up, and I thought I would make a St. Patrick's Day project.




The hat was created using the digital cartridge "Independence Day 3D Projects."  It was cut at 5," which means that it is 5" tall when all assembled.  I cut all the layers of the hat in green and all the layers of the band in black.  I then used "Autumn Celebrations" for the hat buckle.  It is on page 49 of the handbook, the layer 1 (shift) feature.  It was cut at 2 1/4" and covered with yellow glitter, then glossy accents.


The clover is from the Silhouette Store.  It is called "3D Bunch of Clover" and is by Jamie Cripps (#55883).  I cut it at about 3 1/2" from four different pieces of patterned paper.  I adhered them to the right side of the hat at the hatband and then tied some black baker's twine in a bow and adhered it over the stems of the clover.


The banner was also created with the Silhouette.  The banner itself is called "3D Banner Curved Top," and is also by Jamie Cripps (#53913).  I used a font from my computer to create the "Happy St. Patrick's Day" sentiment.  I printed it out, then cut it out with the Silhouette Cameo.  I adhered the banner to the top of the hat with some floral wire so that it would stand upright.


The leprechaun is from the digital cartridge "St. Patrick's Day."  I cut him at 4."  I covered the hatband and his waistcoat with yellow glitter and adhered him to the banner.


The pot of gold is from "Simply Charmed."  It is on page 33 and was cut at 3 1/4."  I covered the lighter parts of the gold with yellow glitter, then glossy accents.


I made this for the following challenges:

BBTB2: St. Patrick's Day
My Sheri Crafts: glitter, crystals, or bling of some kind
Cardz TV: 3D St. Patrick's project

18 comments:

  1. Great project, Paula! I love how all your cutters play so nicely together! TFS Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful hat Paula!!! Love all of the cuts you used and the great colors. Thank you so very much for joining our 'St. Patrick's Day' challenge at BBTB2, our 'Luck of the Irish' challenge at Exploring Cricut & More and our 'St. Patrick's Day' challenge at Cardz TV!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute you should enter into our challenge at decorate to celebrate, st pats day challenge. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your machines got a good workout-and you created a fantastic decoration-love all the cuts you used. Thanks for entering this weeks challenge at Exploring Cricut and More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super DUPER cue & Fun!!
    Would love for you to join us at Cut it up!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!! Thank you for sharing with us at EC&M challenge this week!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Liz :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paula, I love this project and loved how you used both Cricut and Silhouette files!! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut and More this week. I tried to do this hat once, but had no luck putting it together!!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this hat and the leprechan sitting on top. Cute, cute. Love the other images that you used, too. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cute little hat what an adorable leprechaun on top and a great way to celebrate St. Patrick's day
    Thank you for entering the Bitten ByThe Bug 2, St Patrick’s day challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome project and great details!

    Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your hat Paula! Really cute die cuts on it too. I didn't even know there was a digital Independence Day 3D cart. lol Makes such a cool hat. I always love seeing projects from you cause I know they are going to be fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Cardz TV;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything came together just perfectly - Great Job! Thanks for playing along with us over at Exploring Cricut and More!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic St. Paddy's Day Project! Thanks for joining BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the best project of the week. Fantastic and very creative. Thanks for submitting to bbtb2

    ReplyDelete
  15. AWESOME hat!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE those shamrocks!!! Fabulous project! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at BBTB2!!! This would be perfect for the challenges over at Cut It Up and Decorate to Celebrate!

    Have a great day!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable project Paula! Thanks for playing at Exploring Cricut and More:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  17. What resourceful project -- combining so many carts to fit your theme - great job! Thanks for joining the BBTB2 challenge!
    ~Laura @ craftychickscreating.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you so much for joining the 3D challenge at CARDZ TV with you fantastic Irish top hat love how you transformed if from Independence Day awesome. Karen

    ReplyDelete