Friday, June 27, 2014

Little Boy

I whipped up this card after a friend of mine from work texted me saying that she needed a baby shower card by Sunday.  We both work together tomorrow, so I got to crafting.



The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used white card stock for the card base, then cut a brown mat at 5 3/8"x4 1/8," a brown polka dot mat at 5 1/4"x4," a blue mat at 4 1/2"x3 1/4," and finally a blue striped mat at 4 3/8"x3 1/8."


The lion is from the Silhouette Studio.  It is by Rivka Wilkins (#4227).  I cut it so that when it is all assembled it is just about 4" tall.  I inked around the edges of the body, face, and muzzle with tea dye Distress Ink by Tim Holtz.  I added brown flocking powder (by Martha Stewart) to the mane and tail.  He is adhered to the card with foam tape and there is diamond glaze over his eyes, nose, and the accent to his ears.


The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps.  It is from the Special Delivery set and stamped in cocoa brown ink by Tsukineko.  I trimmed the card stock it was stamped on into a banner and adhered it with foam tape in the middle and glue dots at either end for a little dimension.  I then added three buttons to finish off the front of the card.



The inside mats are all cut at the same dimensions as the front.  I then added a white mat at 4 1/8"x2 7/8."  The sentiment is, again, from Scrappy Moms Stamps.  This time from the Simple Sentiments set, and again, stamped in cocoa brown ink.  I then cut a button from the Crafty Mice
cutting file from SVG Cuts to embellish the inside.  I cut it at 1" and covered it in diamond glaze.

2 comments:

  1. Super adorable lion! Love the colors of blue and brown--perfect for a new baby boy.

    ReplyDelete