Saturday, July 19, 2014

Beach Bird


Today's card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used white card stock for the base.  The purple mat is 5 3/8"x4 1/8" and the pink polka dot mat is 5 1/4"x4."


The bird is from "3 Birds on Parade" (page 33) and was cut at 3 1/2."  The waves are from "Life is a Beach" (page 45) and they were cut at 1 1/2."  The sand was hand cut and covered in glitter.  The stamp shape is from "Elegant Edges" (page 37) and was cut at 4 1/4."  I embossed it with a Darice embossing folder called "Clouds."



I gave the bird a set of eyes from Peachy Keen Stamps, the Cartoon Bombshell Face Assortment.  I accented the eyes with a white gel pen and used some magenta chalk to add a little blush to her cheeks.  I then adhered her to the card with foam tape.


The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps.  The "warm" is from a sentiment that actually reads "cocoa warms the heart," from the Winter Wishes set.  I masked off all parts except the "warm."  "Birthday Wishes!" is from the Simple Sentiments set.  I then added some pink gems for a little bling.

I made this for the following challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut: project related to the beach
Cardz TV: child's birthday
Die Cuttin' Divas: beach inspired project

8 comments:

  1. Love this purple bird! Great embossing and waves-wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me smile! Too cute. TFS your adorable card at DCD's Just Beachy challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is super cute! I really like that sparkly sand and the wave in the back! Thanks for joining FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute card!!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, could this BE any cuter?!? I don't think so! I love how you used several different cartridges & got creative with mixing up the stamp sets too! Fantabulous job! Thanks so much for sharing this adorableness with us at FCCB this week!

    Diana ♥
    Leelee Card Designs
    FCCB Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! What a CUTE CARD!! And, of course, your instructions are AWESOME ... as usual!!

    I have a quick question for you ... HOW do you apply your glitter? I really want to give glitter a try, but I have no idea where to start ... what type works best ... how to apply it ... Obviously, I'm LOST!! :)

    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is super cute!! Love the adorable brid!! Thanks for joining us at Cardz TV!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete