Thursday, July 17, 2014

Chilly Bird

So, I completely went off track from my recent s'mores themed cards.  I didn't even keep it summer themed, or even warm weather themed.  Instead I made a Christmas card.



This guys is a shaped card using a cut from "3 Birds on Parade."  The image is on page 42 of the handbook.  I cut the shadow feature at 5 1/4" twice.  Then I glued the top 3/4" together to create my card base.  All the layers were also cut at 5 1/4."  I didn't use the piece of the bird that cut the eyes since I wanted to use Peachy Keen stamps for the eyes.  I covered the beak in yellow glitter, then covered all that with glossy accents.  The pom pom on the hat is covered with a dark green flocking powder.  I adhered the beak with a pop dot at the bottom of it and glue at the top for a little dimension.  The legs are covered in crackle accents for a little texture.  I also did a little doodling around the edges with a white gel pen.


The eyes for the bird are from Peachy Keen.  I used the largest set from the In the Garden Face Assortment.  I then used a white gel pen to accent the eyes and covered them in glossy accents.  The sentiments are from My Pink Stamper.


I used the current color challenge at Christmas Card Challenges as a jumping off point.  I used the reds and blues, but added in green as well.

1 comment:

  1. So cute bird...love the images...:) and the color is so nice...love this card.
    Thank you for joining and share this lovely card with us at Christmas Card Challenge. hope see you again in next Challenge.

    have a nice day
    Roselany
    http://RoselanyCaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete