Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Sunny Smiles



The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used yellow card stock for the card base, then cut some cloud patterned card stock at 5 3/8"x4 1/8" to create a background mat.  The patterned card stock came from the Sky's the Limit Stack by DCWV.  I then cut a strip of yellow card stock at 1 1/8"x5 3/8" and a strip of pink card stock at 1"x5 3/8."  I embossed the pink strip with a Cuttlebug  border embossing folder by Anna Griffin called Regal Braid.



The sun is a cut file from SVG Cutting Files.  It is called Happy Smiles.  I cut it at 3."  The sun's rays are covered in yellow glitter.  I also added some glossy accents to the eyes and tongue.


The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps, the Beach Bums set.



I made this for the challenge at SVG Cutting Files, which is to create a summer card.

3 comments:

  1. This is ADORABLE! That sun is one of my fav's and I love the glittery paper! Thanks for playing along at SVG Cutting Files!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Love the sparkle and the texture too! Thanks for joining us in the SVG Cutting Files ~ Summer Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love the sparkle on your sun. Thanks for playing at SVG Cutting Files.

    ReplyDelete