Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Wedding Cards

My brother got married yesterday, so I thought I would post the two wedding cards I made for him and his new bride.  The first is the one my husband and I gave him with their gift, the other I made for my mother to give to them.





The card is 5 1/2"x 4 1/4."  I used the image from the Otter Handled Bag from SVG Cutting Files for the background and the otters.  I inked around the edges of everything with various Distress Inks.  I also used the writing feature in Cricut Design Space to write within the heart.  It says "you were made for each otter!"  One of the hashtags they use is #loveotters, so this little image was perfect.  I finished off the card with some white gel pen detail, glossy accents on the noses and eyes, and some blue sequins.








This second card is the one my mother gave them.  My new sister-in-law loves shoes, so that is why I went with the shoe theme.  I used the Cricut "Photo Fun - Celebrations" digital cartridge for the Mr & Mrs frame.  Both shoes are from the "Tie the Knot" cartridge.  I tied some beading cord through the man's shoe for a little realism.  I added pearls to the woman's shoe and popped up the heel to make it seem like it was a high heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment